Tropical Attitude Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Tropical Attitude.
The hotel with its soothing way of life is a three-star preferred hotel, built in the middle of a garden planted with coconut trees right on the lagoon. The hotel is situated on the east coast and offers direct and free access to Cerfs island. The genuineness of the hotel relies on its Creole architecture and its contemporary tropical decoration.
The luminous colours of the 64 rooms contribute to their informal environment. It is an exclusive adult hotel, an ideal place to relax as a couple or with friends. This friendly and comfortable hotel is a witness of the customary way of life of the island.
Time here seems to have come to a standstill, only interrupted by outings on the lagoon and siestas under the coconut trees. The simplicity and kindness of its Family Members contribute widely to that dolce vita experience. Lifestyle hotels that are small, with a “boutique-hotel” spirit, calm and friendly for adults (from 18 years old onwards)
Tropical Attitude, Mauritius has 58 Couple Superior Sea View rooms, and the 2 Deluxe Garden rooms are painted in light luminous tones, thus contributing to their warm and relaxing atmosphere. The rooms at Tropical Attitude have been recently renovated and smartened up. The architecture of the two-storey bungalows is typically Creole under their white tin roofs; they each shelter four rooms.
Dressed in natural colours, all the rooms are equipped with direct international dialling telephones, a television (with local channels), a safe, a hairdryer, beach towels, air conditioning, 220 volts electric plugs and a bathroom with shower and toilets. A mini-bar, tea and coffee are also available (at extra cost)
Superior Sea View rooms
The 58 Couple Superior Sea View rooms are fitted with full sliding glass doors allowing thus a stunning view of Trou d'Eau Douce's lagoon and paradisiacal Ile aux Cerfs in the background. In front of and along the bedrooms, you can relax in the sandy areas fitted with comfortable sun beds and admire the beautiful scenery. These rooms of approximately 33m² open up on a furnished terrace or balcony. They are equipped with a double bed or twin beds and can accommodate two adults
Useful to know: 2 pairs of interconnecting rooms
2 Deluxe Garden rooms
The Deluxe Garden rooms are convenient, two separate rooms and a standard balcony accessible from the parent's room. They both have a double room with television, a bathroom with shower and toilets. They open up on the hotel garden, close to the table-tennis and the beach-volley area.
These rooms of approximately 58m² can accommodate two adults.
- Telephone and IDD access
- Television and video channel
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Hair dryer
- Beach towels
- Bathroom with shower and toilets
- 220-240 volts power supply
Restaurant and bar
You will enjoy the friendly atmosphere of this contemporary style restaurant overlooking Trou d'Eau Douce's lagoon. The newly renovated buffet area is dressed with beautiful ceruse panels, with shoals of fish swimming along the white walls. The restaurant's terrace opens up to the garden facing Ile aux Cerfs.
The restaurant offers a variety of European or traditional Mauritian dishes.
- Seats: 120
- Opening hours:
- Breakfast: buffet from 07h30 to 10h30
- Lunch: à la carte from 12h15 to 14h30 or picnic box (on request)
- Dinner: special theme buffet or table d’hôte from 19h30 to 21h30
- Five evenings a week taste the various buffets with different themes. Twice a week, à la carte dinner is served and once a week, enjoy the five-course gala evening meal.
The Plus: On request, we shall organise picnic boxes for your daily trips, Ile aux Cerfs included
Situated next to the restaurant, the bar, La Canne à Sucre bar is opened between 11h00 and 23h30.
You can sip one of our exotic cocktails, bearing the name of tropical fruits, "La Vanille", "Zolicoco" or "Tamarina", in the new bar area opposite the lagoon, "feet buried in the sand" while listening to the sound of the waves. Beach service is available for those relaxing in the garden, on the comfortable sun beds in front of the bedrooms
Sports, Land activities, Water activities, Leisure and Entertainment
- Table tennis
- Board games
- 1 Swimming pool (from 65cm to 2m deep)
- Free boat trips to Ile aux Cerfs from the hotel, twice a day
- Glass bottom boat
At extra cost
- Pool table
- Golf (upon request)
- Catamaran cruise (from the hotel jetty, nominal marine fee)
- PADI diving centre
- Kite-surfing nearby
- Stand up paddle, departure from the hotel jetty
- Deep Sea fishing (on request)
- Speedboat trip
The Spa Attitude care rituals are based on individual natural elements of Mauritius: its soil, its sea, its sun and its plants.
- Two treatment rooms including one double and one single
- Open every day from 09h00 to 20h00
- Prior bookings at the reception
- Sip an exotic cocktail bare feet in the sand at the bar-lounge or around the pool. Relax on the comfortable sun beds facing the…lagoon while enjoying a drink of coconut water or a siesta under the coconut trees
- Trip to paradisiacal Ile aux Cerfs island with the hotel free shuttle and a typical Mauritian picnic in its basket
- Full day aboard the catamaran Oceane
Once you have appreciated the beauty of the waterfalls of Grand Rivière Sud Est, the catamaran sails to the sandy bank of Deux Frères where you may discover the underwater world of the east coast or enjoy a swim in the clear turquoise water of the most beautiful lagoon of Mauritius.
Once refreshed from your swim, the crew will serve you a barbecue, which is prepared on board. Anchor down at Ile aux Cerfs at around 13h00, time to sunbathe, swim or shop at your leisure. The catamaran will then sail back to Trou d’ Eau Douce.
Stand up paddle & surf excursions
Recently introduced in Mauritius, the stand-up paddle is a sport which involves sliding or gliding. It is of Hawaiian origin and necessitates a streamlined board to be steady. A paddle is used to move forward. Accompanied by a guide-instructor, this activity is accessible to everyone. Exploring the mangrove and the marine flora and fauna of Ile aux Cerfs and its surroundings, discovering the small hidden exclusive beaches hardly available by boat.
Kitesurfing lessons and equipment rental
Tropical Attitude is ideally located on the east coast of Mauritius where the prevailing winds are the most stable and predictable, blowing on a vast shallow and safe lagoon.
Sega show once a week
Additional information and services
- Check-in time at 14h00 and check-out time at 11h00
- Beach towels
- Laundry (at extra cost)
- Baby changing and feeding room (changing table, baby food heating facilities, steam sterilisers)
- Medical care service
- Boutique open every day from 08h00 to 21h00
- Foreign currency exchange facilities
- Credit cards accepted: American Express, Visa, Diners Club International,
- MasterCard and Maestro
- Internet and Wi-Fi (free) in public areas
- 24h reception and security services
- Parking in the hotel premise
- Shower and luggage rooms for arrivals and departures
- Car rental service
- Port-Louis (the capital): 45 km / ± 60 minutes by car
- Airport: 50 km / ± 60 minutes by car
- Belle Mare: 10 km / ± 15 minutes by car
- Trou d’Eau Douce (centre): 2 km / ± 3 minutes by car
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
There are currently no reviews for the Tropical Attitude.
Be the first to write a review!