Casuarina Resort & Spa Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Casuarina Resort & Spa.
Among the very first hotels in Mauritius on their expansive lagoon and white sand beach, the hotel derives its name from a tree, a true symbol of island holidays in Mauritius.
Casuarina Resort and Spa, Mont Choisy, Mauritius is lovingly maintained and Located on the North-East coast next to the magnificent world-famous beach of Trou-aux-Biches, this three-star Plus hotel is endearing and designed with a unique Greek character featuring whitewashed stone walls and outlines and colourful tropical garden.
With a firm following of guests that return year on year, the hotel is a gateway to the East & West sides of the vibrant island as it offers access to both the natural wonders of the protected lagoons and the restaurants and nightlife of Grand Bay.
The hotel has 70 superior en-suite rooms, 10 Privilege, 13 Deluxe and 15 family cottages.
Superior rooms have an adjoining bathroom that includes a shower, a toilet, an individual washbasin and a hairdryer. They are equipped with air conditioning, personal safe; flat screen 32 inches LCD TV with satellite channels, mini-bar, tea & coffee making facilities, balcony or terrace.
Privilege and Deluxe Rooms are spacious renovated room facilities both attractive and modern design to welcome guests in a warm and cosy atmosphere. Guests will enjoy relaxing on the balcony or terrace overlooking the lagoon with its crystal clear water. They are equipped with FREE WIFI, air conditioning, individual safe; flat screen 32 inches LCD TV with satellite channels, mini-bar, tea & coffee making facilities.
Family Cottages consist of two rooms, one for couples and a kids’ room for a maximum of 4 children. They are spacious and provide optimal comfort privacy to families (kitchenette, living room and one bathroom per villa) while enjoying at leisure all the benefits proposed by the hotel: kids’ club, restaurants and bar, garden, two swimming pools among other facilities.
Superior 80 Units
- 39.11 m2 with garden view or balcony
- 2 Adults + 1 child (< 12 yrs) or 3 Adults or 3 children
- Garden view
- Quiet Area
Deluxe 13 Units
- 39.11m2 with sea view
- Adults + 1 child (< 12 yrs) or 3 Adults or 3 children
- Partial Sea View
- Amenities in the room
- Free WIFI
Family Cottages 15 Units
- 59.7 m2 with garden view
- 2 Adults + 2 Children (< 12 yrs) or 4 Adults or 2 Adults + 4 Children
- two separate rooms (one for parent and one for children) offering total privacy
- Self catering
- Shower & Toilet Facilities
- Air Conditioned
- Hair Dryer & Shaver Socket
- Tea/ Coffee making facilities
- Television with satellite channels
- International dial-up
- balcony or terrace
Oasis Bar is in between both swimming pools. Vibrant and cosmopolitan, it is the perfect place to meet new people while sipping an exotic cocktail or your favourite drink, all day long and before supper.
Lunch-honour Chef’s yummy pizzas and club sandwiches by the pool, in a real holiday spirit!
Seat: 50 pax
Lunch: Main Course and Dessert a la carte
Open : 12: 30 to 17:00
A spacious restaurant is proposing local and international dishes, carefully prepared by our experienced chef Rupash’s who has previously worked for prestigious 5-star hotels.
- Seats: 200
- Cuisine: International and Local
- Breakfast: American Breakfast 07:30 to 10:00
- Dinner: Themed Buffet or set menus from 19:30 to 22:00
- Picnic box available upon request with a supplement.
- Live band every night between 8 and 11 p.m. Live sega show on Friday nights.
Facilities and activities page
Because we know that families coming on holiday to Casuarina are happy to relax altogether, the hotel proposes a various range of entertaining activities, suiting all tastes.
- Free water sports at our Boat House: water-ski, windsurfing, kayak and pedal-boat.
- Free land activities: two tennis courts, a games room, a modern gym and two spacious swimming pools with jacuzzi.
- Your bonus: our expert Monitor proposes free of charge watersports tuitions every day and is ready to assist you through your learning process.
Boathouse: Open every day from 09:00 to 17:00
In front of the hotel (two minutes walking distance), the superb and world-known beach of Trou-aux-Biches is the place to relax, lying on the beautiful white sand or a comfortable sunbed under one of our private beach huts.
Feel invigorated by swimming in this gorgeous and crystal clear lagoon spreading out towards infinity!
The sizeable 500m2 resort was built in 2007 in a secluded corner of the premises, very well planted and fitted with a hammam. Its Zen ambience is typically Balinese, and its round pool is surrounded by four massage and treatment rooms, run by our qualified local beauticians and massage specialists.
An evening under the stars
We may organise wedding and theme parties by the pools or in the lush tropical garden, with due notice.
Kid’s club for children aged from 3 to 12 years old (included), open every day from 9 am to 4 pm.
Facilities at the hotel
- Babysitting service (on request, at extra cost, 24 hour prior bookings at the reception)
- Beach towels
- Laundry and ironing service (at additional cost)
- Boutiques open every day from 09h00 to 20h00
- Foreign currency exchange facilities at the reception
- Credit cards accepted: American Express, Visa, Diners Club International, MasterCard and Maestro
- Internet corner available with supplement and Wi-Fi (free) in public areas
- 24h reception and security services
- Shower and luggage rooms for arrivals and departures
- Taxi on request and with supplement
- Port-Louis (the capital): 35 km ⁄ ± 50 minutes by car
- Airport: 55km ⁄ ± 60 minutes by car
- Grand Bay: 5 km /± 15 minutes by car
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
There are currently no reviews for the Casuarina Resort & Spa.
Be the first to write a review!